A writer whose each and every book has deeply engaged readers here and elsewhere, David Mitchell, author of the novels
Ghostwritten, Number9dream, Cloud Atlas, Black Swan Green, and The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, makes a most welcome Seattle return for his much-anticipated new novel, The Bone Clocks (Random House). “A globe-trotting, time-bending epic that touches down in, among other places, England, Switzerland, Iraq, and Australia… Is The Bone Clocks the most ambitious novel ever written, or just the most Mitchell-esque? … From gritty realism to far-out fantasy, each section has its own charm and surprises. With is wayward thoughts, chance meetings, and attention to detail, Mitchell’s novel is a thing of beauty …” – Publishers Weekly. $35 tickets (which admit one person and include a copy of The Bone Clocks) are available now at Elliott Bay Book Company (also by phone at 206.624.6600 or online by following this link). Town Hall Seattle is at 1119 Eighth Avenue (at Seneca).
Coming in October:
– Sam Harris visits Town Hall Seattle in conversation with Dan Savage on Wednesday, October 1st discussing his new book Waking Up: Spirituality Without Religion. Tickets ($30; admits one person and includes one copy of the book) are now on sale.
Waking Up goes on sale on Tuesday, September 9th. Pre-order your copy today!
– Joseph O’Neil visits the Seattle Public Central Library on Wednesday, October 1st to read from his new novel
The Dog. Pre-order your copy.
– Eimar McBride reads from her debut novel
A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing on Thursday, October 23rd. Pre-order your copy.
– Jodi Picoult visits the Seattle Public Central Library on Friday, October 24th to read from her new novel
Leaving Time. Pre-order your copy.
– If you are unable to attend an author event you can call us at (206) 624-6600, email us at email@example.com, or visit our website to request an autographed copy.